Industrial Hearing loss
What is Industrial Deafness?
Industrial deafness refers to a loss of hearing resulting from working for extended periods of time in noisy environments
Do I suffer from Industrial Deafness?
If you believe you have hearing loss, you should answer this simple checklist:
- Have you been exposed to a noisy work environment?
- Did you notice any reduction in your hearing for a few hours at the end of a noisy work day?
- Do you suffer an annoying ringing sensation or similar noise in your ears (tinnitus)?
- Do you often miss conversation amongst background noise?
- Does background noise bother you when you are with other people?
- Do you find it difficult determining where sounds derive from?
- Do people seem like they mumble or speak in a soft voice?
- Do you have difficulty hearing speech from the television or radio and require the volume to be turned up above a normal listening level?
- Do you have difficulty understanding speech through the telephone clearly?
- Do you often miss the telephone or doorbell ringing?