Industrial Deafness & Hearing Loss Claims in South Australia
A worker suffering from noise induced hearing loss is entitled to lump sum compensation if they have at least 8.8% hearing loss. Lump sum entitlements starts at about $1500 for every 1% loss of hearing.
Under SA law, you are entitled to life time supply of hearing aids. Generally speaking, you are entitled to hearing aids every 5 years unless you lose them in which case they may be replaced immediately.
At Industrial Deafness Australia we believe in advising all our fixed costs before we start a claim. Furthermore, we act on a no win, no pay basis.
Therefore, you will know exactly how much you will pay in legal fees, which will only be payable if you receive monetary compensation.
- Attend to an audiologist arranged by us and consult with one of our lawyers.
- You will see a medical specialist who will assess your hearing loss and complete a report for us.
- We prepare and submit a claim for you.
- Attend an independent medical specialist arranged by the insurer for a final assessment of your industrial hearing loss.
- You receive your hearing aids and compensation