Hearing Loss VIC 2020-02-12T14:12:32+00:00

Industrial Deafness & Hearing Loss Claims in Victoria

Each year, 4,700 claims for noise-induced hearing loss are made. In 2015, a total of 1,070 claims were lodged by males between the ages of 60 and 64.

Are you even aware of such industrial deafness claims in Victoria?

Are you even aware that the hearing difficulties you’re experiencing make you eligible for a lump sum compensation and claims for hearing aids?

Our team is passionate about raising awareness about occupational-induced hearing loss and the consequent compensations for affected employees. We will arrange a free online hearing test in Victoria to check if you have hearing impairment arising from work.

We provide the best legal and medical services every employee in Victoria should have access to, especially those exposed to loud work noises at prolonged periods.

We will work with you through the claims process until you receive your digital hearing aids and the maximum compensation for industrial deafness VIC employees are entitled to.


Hearing Loss

The amount of compensation which is payable and the hearing loss thresholds necessary to receive lump sum compensation varies depending on the date you last worked in noisy conditions in Victoria.

For all claims where you ceased employment in noisy conditions after November 1997, you require at least 10% binaural hearing loss before being entitled to Lump sum compensation.

Compensation varies from $700 to $2,100 for every 1% hearing loss.

Under Victorian law, you are entitled to life time supply of hearing aids. Generally speaking, you are entitled to hearing aids every 5 years unless you lose them in which case they may be replaced immediately.

Hearing aids must be approved by the relevant WorkSafe insurer before you receive them. Only WorkSafe approved providers may supply hearing aids to Victorian workers.

At Industrial Deafness Australia we believe in advising all our fixed costs before we start a claim. Furthermore, we act on a no win, no pay basis.

Therefore, you will know exactly how much you will pay in legal fees, which will only be payable if you receive monetary compensation.

  1. Attend an audiologist arranged by us and consult with one of our lawyers.
  2. We obtain a report from the audiologist.
  3. We prepare and submit your claim.
  4. You attend a medical specialist arranged by the WorkSafe insurer.
  5. The insurer makes an offer you find acceptable or;
  6. If you are not content with the insurer’s offer, you can elect to be assessed by an independent medical specialist arranged by the State Medical Panel for a final assessment of your hearing loss.
  7. You receive your hearing aids and compensation.
I want a FREE consultation